Sunday, September 16, 2012

Football, more football, and cheering on cheerleaders

So this weekend was one for the books: 6 hours of sleep for the whole weekend, 6 friends, 2 football games, 3 meals, countless shenanigans, a cancelled 7:30 A.M. hike and so much laughter that I better have a 6 pack soon! The whole weekend was crazy fun and it makes me so glad to be where I am in life and to have the friends I do.

So it all started Friday night when Kylene, Lauren and I were trying to figure out what we wanted to do that night. No one had any ideas so we started with frozen yogurt. Having girl time is always a great way to end the week, and this was no exception! Well fast forward a couple of hours and we're hanging out with the guy I'm "hanging out" with and a couple of his roommates. (They're all cheerleaders too). Starting out with the guys getting food, and then us ending up at the football stadium running around and dancing. We all ended up at the guys' house and watched a movie. Before we left they told us we had to cheer on the cheerleaders at the football game Saturday. Never in my life would I have thought that a guy would tell me that before I left his house, o well! It's college, right?

Lauren decided to stay the night at Kylene and I's house since we were all going to get up the next morning and hike Kanaraville Falls. We were going to go early so we could hike in, have lunch, go swimming and then get back in time to shower and get ready for the game. Simple enough. Except for when you don't get home till 3 and you're supposed to be meeting everyone at 7:30. I'm from MT though, so I was just excited to go hiking! Well Lauren and I wake up the next morning and Kylene is refusing to get out of bed. We decided that we wanted to go anyway so she could just sleep and then we'd see her when we got back. So Lauren and I head out on our adventure. We get to where we were supposed to be meeting everyone, and no one is there. Lauren calls the kid who was putting it all together and he informs us that no one texted him so he didn't think anyone wanted to go and that's why no one was there. Lauren and I just looked at each other, started laughing and then decided since we were up we might as well go get some breakfast. After breakfast we crashed at my house and finally woke up at 1:30 and decided we should probably start getting ready. By far one of the best mornings I've had since I've been in Cedar, and definitely one I won't forget soon!

Fast forward a few hours and we're at the game. Needless to say, I was pretty excited because this would be my first college football game as a college student. I yelled so loud that I'm amazed I have a voice today and I'm sure I'm going to be feeling it later. Anyways, we got awesome seats on the 45 yard line, 4 rows up from the track. Awesome seats, awesome friends, and an awesome game! (We won 45-23 too!) We fulfilled our duties as cheerleaders for the cheerleaders and had an amazing time! After the game everyone was hungry so being college students, we find the closest place that is playing the BYU-Utah game. Chilis it is then. Never have I seen more expressions on the faces of 3 guys while eating. Even though us girls couldn't see the game, we knew exactly what was happening just from their expressions! I wish I would have had a camera to capture those moments. Priceless!

Such an amazing weekend! This post doesn't even capture half of what happened, but trust me, it was a weekend to be remembered by all! I came out of this weekend with a couple more friends than I started with, sore abs and exhausted beyond reason...overall a very successful weekend :)

Me and Ky

Me and Nick post-game

Besties for life :)

Me and Lauren :)

Ky, me, and Lauren
Me and my favorite cheerleader :D


No comments:

Post a Comment