Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trials, laughs, and best friends forever!!!

This week has been an interesting one to say the least. I've learned a lot, and I only hope that I am really as strong coming out as I feel. This is my first kind of serious post, and it feels a little weird not sharing a whole bunch of funny stories, but apparently Heavenly Father had a different idea of how this week should go...

I learned the hard way this week that things don't always work out the way we want them too. Nothing serious, but sometimes you get your hopes up just to have them crushed. I have been kind of seeing this guy since I came to school, and things were never really serious, but this week was a 180 from what had been happening since orientation. It was really weird and it kinda sucks getting that close to someone and then being straight up ignored. However, things fall apart so better things can fall together right? That was kind of my motto Friday night. This weekend was homecoming weekend so there was something going on every night and Friday night was the concert. And I would like to let everyone know that I have the BEST wing-woman ever! Fee-La (she requested a code name) knew that I was having a hard week and was determined to find a guy for me to hang out with. Enter Agent Daveed (his code name because we're saving him). Fee-La saw me looking at him and decided that that was the guy she was going to get for me. And she did. I spent the rest of the night hanging out with him and totally forgot about how the rest of my week had been. It was great. He's a great guy, an RM and there's potential for something, I'm not sure what, but I'm excited for the adventure and to see what happens! I have the best friends that I could have ever been given. They know exactly how to turn my nights around and I would be lost without them!

I also remembered how important family is. They are always there for you, even if you live 11 hours away from home and the closest you can be is talking on the phone or skyping when everyone is free (which in my family is very rare!) Living away from my family is hard, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and that I am supposed to be in UT and I'm doing everything that He wants me to. There are a lot of things that I don't understand (boys, calculus, how to properly curl my hair), but the only thing that really matters is that I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, that the Book of Mormon is another true testament of Christ, and that we can live together with our families for eternity. Being a convert is hard, and my family might not believe what I do, but I know that I'll get the chance to be with them for eternity. I'm going to sign off with a scripture about hope, family, and life eternal:
"And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." Moroni 7:41

No comments:

Post a Comment