Sunday, November 4, 2012

...And I'm a Mormon

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a baptism for the first time since my own. What an amazing experience! Seeing an 8 year-old make that covenant with our Heavenly Father was just amazing! It brought back so many memories of my own baptism and my growth the past 8 months. I wouldn't change it for the world and I am so grateful for all of those that have helped me along the way. (Honestly don't know where I'd be without them.)
My family: Even though they may not understand just yet, they have supported every decision I've made so far and continue to support me unconditionally. Today in Sunday school, I was asked what I thought the definition of love is. My response: unconditional acceptance. That what Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ gave us, and that's what my family has given me the past few months (and my whole life!)

My best friends: honestly, without these two girls I would be lost! They're the ones I turn to when I have questions about the Gospel, school, boys, or even how to do my hair! They have been so patient and understanding the past few months that I don't even know how they do it. I drive myself crazy sometimes so I can only imagine how they feel haha! :)

My missionaries: the ones who gave me the lessons and all my boys from back home who are now out in the field. I love them all so much and am so grateful for everything they've done for me. One of the missionaries that taught me is now home and has become my best friend. Whenever I'm having a hard day or need a pep talk or a spiritual moment, he's the one I turn to. I'm soooo grateful for missionary work and I can only hope that one day I'll have the impact on someone that they've had on me. They have changed my life in the best possible way and there's no way to repay that.

Recently I've been asked "Why? Why this Church? Why now?" The only good answer I've been able to come up with is that it was my time to find peace and happiness. It was my turn to understand the love our Heavenly Father has for us. It was my time to understand that families can be together forever and I will get to see my brother again. My family doesn't really understand what I've gone through or learned, but I hope one day they will. I know without doubt that this is the true Church on Earth, that through our struggles we become closer to our Heavenly Father, that the Book of Mormon is another true testament of Christ, and that President Monson is a true prophet called of God.

I know that this will be a long journey. I know that at times it may be hard. I know that some days I may just want to give up and go back to my old ways, but I know if I stay strong, I will be eternally blessed.

I am a daughter, sister, and best friend. I love playing volleyball and softball. I am a small town girl from Montana on my own in this big world. I know that my savior lives, I am a proud convert, AND I AM A MORMON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment